Job description, duties, experience & other details about this type of role.
Responsible to: Operations Manager (Clinical Lead) Overall responsible to: Operations Director
Responsible for: The overall management of and delivery of service and the management and supervision of the Nurse Manager
Overall Aim of the Job:
To provide a safe and caring environment that meets the individual needs of the service users. To lead by example and develop the care team to ensure the service is responsible and effective.
Summary of Principle Responsibilities:
The opportunities and training at Coverage Care are excellent!
- Responsible for all staff working in the home. Line manage, Catering manager, handyman, Administrators, and activity co-ordinators.
- Line manage the Deputy Nurse Manager to ensure that the procedures in the home are maintained and well managed to meet the clinical needs of the service users. Ensure that the highest quality of nursing care is afforded to all service users.
- Ensure that all staff are correctly lead and managed in line with company processes.
- Ensure the senior management team are up to date and informed with all company issues.
- Ensure that all company policies, procedures, statutory legislation and obligations are adhered to and regularly reviewed.
- Ensure all home staff optimise their individual potential, abilities and contribution to the business. Ensure that all staff are trained to meet all legal, competency and improvement requirements.
- Ensure that the home and it’s services are promoted in the most effective manner to external bodies and professionals e.g. GPs surgeries, social workers, hospitals, registered housing associations, Age Concern, and the public at large.
- Visit service users regularly and monitor individual situations to ensure the service provision meets the individual needs.
- Audit practice and maintain a clear understanding of the needs of the users of the service.
- Ensure that relatives and families are supported from first enquiry and be the key person to co-ordinate and respond to complaints and issues.
- Take full responsibility for all financial matters associated with the running of the care home, ensure that the maximum benefit is obtained from the available funds, and identify alternative forms of income.
- Design and maintain the rota in line with the service provision requirements.
- Undertake company-wide projects and training as and when required.
- Undertake periodic training to update knowledge, skills and competence.
- Identify development opportunities within and beyond the existing service.
- Develop strategies to enable service users and other stakeholders to affect the way in which the service is delivered. Management planning and practice should encourage innovation, creativity and development.
- Ensure effective quality assurance and quality monitoring systems are developed and maintained aiming specifically but not exclusively at seeking the views of service users, and the measurement of success in meeting the aims, objectives and statement of purpose of the home.
- Monitor and review equipment list.
- Review property records.
- Manage the maintenance work undertaken in the home and the maintenance personnel.
- Ensure the service provisions training matrix is up to date and ensure that staff are trained in accordance with their identified training needs.
- The Home Manager must ensure that their nurse PIN is always active and current.
- The Home Manager must comply with any codes of practice published by the General Social Care Council setting out standards expected of persons employing Social Care Workers, in so far as the code is relevant to the management of a care home.
- Undertake work on an ad-hoc basis which will fall outside of these core accountabilities.
What our staff say - Video Interviews
Additionally, the Home Manager must be aware that HSCA requires that they:
- Demonstrate they undertake periodic training to update their knowledge, skills and competence whilst managing the home.
- Communicate a clear sense of direction and leadership which staff and service users understand and are able to relate to the aims and purpose of the Home. The process of running the home must be open and transparent.
- Ensure that there are strategies for enabling service users and other stakeholders to affect the way in which the service is delivered. Management planning and practice should encourage innovation, creativity and development.
- Must comply with any codes of practice published by the General Social Care Council setting out standards expected of persons employing Social Care Workers, in so far as the code is relevant to the management of a care home.
- Maintain commitment is made to equal opportunities in the organisation.
- Ensure effective quality assurance and quality monitoring systems, based on seeking the views of service users, are in place to measure success in meeting the aims, objectives and statement of purpose of the home.
What Experience do I need:
What Qualifications do I need:
What training will I receive:
- Opportunity to apply to complete Diploma Level 5 in Health & Social Care
- Mandatory Training – Legislative & Coverage Care
The duties in this job description are not exhaustive, but instead, are representative of the type of work required in the post. The post holder will, therefore, be required to undertake other duties deemed appropriate and consistent with the purpose of the job. The job description & person specification are revised periodically and amended, as necessary, to ensure that they meets the needs of the service.