Job description, duties, experience & other details about this type of role.
Responsible to: Duty Manager
Overall responsible to: Home Manager
Overall Aim of the Job:
To make the use of care services a positive, timely & rewarding choice.
- Delivering high quality care as part of the care team using a person centred approach
- Ensuring the individual needs of service users are met, providing opportunities for individuals to use their skills and enhance their quality of life, whilst maintaining their independence and privacy
- To actively assist, maintain & promote the Coverage Care values:
Support and listen to you
Use and open, honest culture
Put you at the heart of our service
Ensure you feel safe
Respect your life choices
Be kind and compassionate
- Working on a rolling shift pattern, including alternate weekends, applying a flexible attitude to working hours especially in regards to covering absence & holidays, including bank holidays, evenings & weekends
- Displaying a caring, sensitive & approachable nature
- Displaying compassion, patience & empathy in all tasks
- Whilst being organised & reliable in approach to work
Unqualified Care Assistants & New to Care
What Experience do I need:
What Training will I receive:
Qualified Care Assistant (Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care)
What experience do I need:
What Training will I receive:
Personal Care & Support
To provide all aspects of personal care to the service users in line with their care plan using a person centred approach, encouraging & promoting service users to reach their maximum level of independence, wherever possible undertaking these tasks for themselves. This may include:
- Help with mobility
- Help with toileting & washing
- Help with dressing
To build and maintain good relationships with service users and their relatives, displaying good communication & listening skills, to ensure they are provided with an effective communication network. This may include:
- Talking and listening to service users
- Helping them to maintain contact with family, friends & the community
- Assisting with shopping & recreation tasks & opportunities
- Being aware of their likes, dislikes, nutritional & cultural needs.
- To observe & promote service user choice, independence, dignity, privacy, fulfilment & other rights.
To help to create a warm and friendly atmosphere within the home, which allows & encourages service users to develop and participate in the running of the home to their fullest potential.
To care for the personal belongings (excluding cash & valuables) of service users. This may include:
- Tidying bedrooms, cupboards\wardrobes
- Making beds
- Emptying commodes
- Washing, cleaning and laundering personal property if necessary
- To administer medication for service users in line with current policy and procedures.
- Act as a key worker to a small group of service users by assisting in assessments, reviews, and by paying special attention to the well-being of those service users and their relatives\carers.
What our staff say - Video Interviews
Participate in the implementation of the personal care plans and assist in maintaining the well-being, dignity, quality of life and environment of the service users.
Assist in the preparation of those plans, displaying good communication skills (both written & verbal) as part of the key worker system, contribute to discussions on individual care plans and the reporting process by maintaining and updating records as required.
- To work effectively as part of a team, actively supporting other team members, whilst also being self-motivated to work on own initiative & without direct supervision.
- To be able to work under pressure To participate in appropriate training, and be committed to ongoing personal & professional development.
- To attend staff meetings as requested by the Home Manager.
- To promptly report any information, issues or concerns regarding the care, support, wellbeing or behaviour of service users and also staff members to a member of the homes senior team.
Health & Safety
I do this job so I can make someone’s life not better but easier and more manageable...
- To identify risks within the home and notify the appropriate senior staff member immediately
- To be aware of emergency procedures, report hazards to the Manager and respond to emergencies as appropriate
- To use manual handling techniques & equipment safely and correctly as per the current company policy & procedures
- To wear the correct uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE) associated with the task and role you are carrying out
- Understand & apply the principles of confidentiality at all times
- Ensure that service user confidentiality & dignity is maintained at all times, ensuring information is not shared or divulged with anyone not authorized to receive it
- To work in accordance with Coverage Care’s Code of Practice and all current relevant legislation
- Ensure the service provision is anti-discriminatory and culturally sensitive responding to individual needs, with regard to race, religion, culture, language, gender, sexual orientation, age and disability
- To actively market Coverage Care and promote a positive, personal & professional profile, ensuring the good reputation of the organization at all times
- To display a commitment is made to equal opportunities in the organisation
The duties in this job description are not exhaustive, but instead, are representative of the type of work required in the post. The post holder will, therefore, be required to undertake other duties deemed appropriate and consistent with the purpose of the job.
The duties in this job description are not exhaustive, but instead, are representative of the type of work required in the post. The post holder will, therefore, be required to undertake other duties deemed appropriate and consistent with the purpose of the job. The job description & person specification are revised periodically and amended, as necessary, to ensure that they meets the needs of the service.